OPEN CALL: Haihara Dance Residency12.4.2022
In SEPTEMBER 2022 Pirkanmaa Dance Center will host one month residency for individual contemporary dance artist or two dance artists working together. Residency is process-based and focuses on enabling artists to research and/or develop new work which is made public through Open Studio event. Residency artist is encouraged to interact with dance artists in the area via Pirkanmaa Dance Center.
Where: Haihara Art Center’s residence + Liikelaituri Studio. Located in Tampere, Finland.
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2022
Selected dance artist(s) can use three different spaces for artistic research and practice according to the agreement.
HAIHARA ART CENTER: Hall of the main house in the courtyard of Haihara (120 m²) and office in apartment.
LIIKELAITURI STUDIO: Dance Studio (117 m²) of Pirkanmaa Dance Center.
A residency includes:
- Free use of the workspaces in Haihara and Liikelaituri Dance Studio according to the agreement (dance space available min. 4h/day/Mon-Fri).
- Free accommodation in apartment (80 m²) of Haihara Art Center for max. 4 person.
- One month salary (2 500€) for two dance artists.
- Artists is required to write a short report (a template will be provided) summarising their residency.
Travel costs are not covered.
How to apply: Application for the Haihara Dance Residency:
– Artistic research concept with a clear question on max. 1 A4 page (approx. 4000 characters)
– Short CV of applicant(s)
Please send the application for the Haihara Dance Residency as a one PDF to email@example.com by 30 April 2022 at the latest.
Application is free.
Residency only by invitation. Please only apply if you are available for the whole period.
Selections will be announced in early May.
Contact details and for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pirkanmaa Dance Center/Liikelaituri: https://www.pirkanmaantanssinkeskus.fi/liikelaituri/
Haihara Art Center: https://www.tampere.fi/haiharan-taidekeskus/residenssitoiminta.htm